THIN SKIN FOR MATURE ADULTS ABOVE 50
Older adults are often plagued with thin skin that tears easily.Thin skin may not be a sign of a serious underlying medical condition.
CAUSES OF THIN SKIN
The following are causes (not exhaustive) of thinning skin.
- Sun exposure
- Long–term use of oral or topical corticosteroids, can weaken skin and the blood vessels in the skin.
TREATMENT TO PREVENT TEARS AND CUTS:
- Wear long–sleeved shirts, long pants and wide-brimmed hats especially when gardening. You might also try wearing Tencel™ tubular or rolled gauze bandages for the arms.
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible.
- Use a broad–spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Apply sunscreen generously, and reapply every two hours — or more often if you’re swimming or perspiring.
- Choose cotton clothing, rather than polyester or other synthetic fabrics and avoid tight clothing.
- Avoid use of loofahs or other abrasive products in the shower.
- Avoid excessive, harsh soaps. Use natural, mild soaps such as 2-in-1 Shampoo & Wash from Emu Tracks.
- Use good moisturisers eg. EMUDERM™ Emu Oil to help trap moisture in the skin after showers.
- Increase water consumption to keep the skin hydrated.
- Avoid coffee. Tannin is a chemical in both coffee and tea. Its hydration-removal properties can cause one’s skin to become rough and brittle over time. Caffeine in coffee, when taken in high amounts (eg. 7 cups per day), also acts as a diuretic, which further dehydrates one’s body. Diuretics causes frequent unrination, which can dry out the body and skin.
- Use humidifiers to get more moisture in the air.
- One of the best home remedy for thin skin is to lubricate to prevent cuts and tears. Use Bio Active Emu Oil .
- Omega 3, 6, 9 Fatty Acids found in Emu Oil capsules are great for nourishing the skin with nutrients it needs.
WHAT IS EMU OIL?
Historically, Australian Aborigines have been using the oil from the native flightless bird of the Emu for thousands of years to relieve skin problems and wounds. The emu skin was hung up on a tree to extract the oil. Moreover, they used the skin as a wrap on wounds, skin rash, cuts, burns, insect bites and itch among many others. Aborigines introduced emu oil as part of their medicinal tradition to European colonists as a natural sunscreen and was found to be a superb moisturizer. Extensive studies conducted in universities and hospitals found Emu oil to have unique properties effective in treating skin problems associated with mature skin.What Is Emu Oil?
PROPERTIES OF EMU OIL
- Anti Inflammatory
- Hypoallergenic – Suitable for All Skin Types
- Non Comedogenic – Does Not Clog Pores
- Transdermal – High Penetration into Skin
WHY EMUDERM EMU OIL PRODUCTS?
While all emu oil contains therapeutic activity, this level of activity can vary. EMUDERM™ Emu Oil maximises therapeutic properties of emu oil. Emu Tracks is the only company in the world that manufactures Bio-Active Emu Oil, the standard used for emu oil research in Australia. It can achieve a high quality of emu oil because it is the only company in Australia to maintain afully integrated approach and operates from a manufacturing and office facility in Adelaide, South Australia.EMUDERM™ Emu Oil is Certified Therapeutic Grade by the Therapeutic Grade Administration of Australia.
EMUDERM™ EMU OIL
- Made in Australia
- 100% Pure & Natural
- Certified Therapeutic Grade
- Strict Quality Control
- Rich in Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9
- Contains Vitamins A,D,E & F
- Value for Money
- Finest Quality Guaranteed
- Contains No Additives, Chemicals & Preservatives