ELDERLY DRY SKIN
Some skin conditions are considered common and a normal part of ageing. Dry, flaking skin is by far the most common skin problem among the elderly, affecting 75% of people over the age of 65, according to MedScape.
CAUSES & SYMPTOMS OF DRY SKIN
The main cause of dry skin is the loss of oil glands which help to keep the skin soft. Dry skin often gets itchy, resulting in scratching or picking at the skin which can flak, crack, bleed or become infected.
DRY SKIN TREATMENT
- Use mild soap that contains moisturisers formulated for dry skin
- Lubricate skin with good moisturisers eg. Bio Active Emu Oil to lock in the skin’s natural moisture, nourish & hydrate it.
- Avoid long showers and water that is too hot. It can dry out the skin.
- Wear cotton clothing or wrap affected arm, legs with tubular wraps made of Tencel™, rather than polyester or other synthetic fabrics
- Avoid tight clothing.
- Avoid fabric and prints treated with harsh chemicals.
- Avoid use of loofahs, scrubs or abrasive bathing products.
- Avoid coffee. Tannin is a chemical in both coffee and tea. Its hydration-removal properties can cause one’s skin to become rough and brittle over time. Caffeine in coffee, when taken in high amounts (eg. 7 cups per day), also acts as a diuretic, which further dehydrates one’s body. Diuretics causes frequent urination, which can dry out the body and skin.Keep the skin hydrated by drinking more water.
- Use humidifiers to get more moisture in the air
- Overheated rooms in the winter and air-conditioned rooms can dry out skin excessively.
- Omega 3, 6, 9 Fatty Acids found in Emu Oil capsules are great for nourishing the skin with nutrients it needs.
WHAT IS EMU OIL?
Historically, Australian Aborigines have been using the oil from the native flightless bird of the Emu for thousands of years to relieve skin problems and wounds. The emu skin was hung up on a tree to extract the oil. Moreover, they used the skin as a wrap on wounds, skin rash, cuts, burns, insect bites and itch among many others. Aborigines introduced emu oil as part of their medicinal tradition to European colonists as a natural sunscreen and was found to be a superb moisturizer. Extensive studies conducted in universities and hospitals found Emu oil to have unique properties effective in treating skin problems associated with mature skin.What Is Emu Oil?
PROPERTIES OF EMU OIL
- Anti Inflammatory
- Hypoallergenic – Suitable for All Skin Types
- Non Comedogenic – Does Not Clog Pores
- Transdermal – High Penetration into Skin
- Rich in Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9
- Contains Vitamins A,D,E & F
WHY EMUDERM EMU OIL PRODUCTS?
While all emu oil contains therapeutic activity, this level of activity can vary. EMUDERM™ Emu Oil maximises therapeutic properties of emu oil. Emu Tracks is the only company in the world that manufactures Bio-Active Emu Oil, the standard used for emu oil research in Australia. It can achieve a high quality of emu oil because it is the only company in Australia to maintain afully integrated approach and operates from a manufacturing and office facility in Adelaide, South Australia. EMUDERM™ Emu Oil is Certified Therapeutic Grade by the Therapeutic Grade Administration of Australia.
EMUDERM™ EMU OIL
- Made in Australia
- 100% Pure & Natural
- Certified Therapeutic Grade
- Strict Quality Control
- Value for Money
- Finest Quality Guaranteed