OSTEOARTHRITIS CAUSES & TREATMENTS
WHAT CAUSES OSTEOARTHRITIS?
The numerous factors are:
- Excessive weight (Obesity) – Being overweight can affect the knee which is commonly affected by osteoarthritis.
- Age – Osteoarthritis is said to be an indication of ageing. Normally, more people in their late adulthood complain of osteoarthritis.
- Gender Propensities – It is a fact that osteoarthritis affects both men and women. However, according to some research, a man has a strong tendency to have osteoarthritis before 45 years of age while women may experience the same disease only after reaching the age of 45.
- Heredity – There are instances where a person inherits defective genes that affects how the body produce cartilage. A person with abnormal joints has strong tendencies to osteoarthritis.
- Overused of joints – This is very common for athletes who overuse their joints as required of their physical trainings and activities.
A helpful treatment plan to relieve osteoarthritis pain may involve a combination of the following.
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle – Which may include controlling weight gains and exercise.
- Joint Therapy – Treatments eg.OATS Procedure: Osteochondral Autograft (or allograft) Transplant is one such therapy for pain relief.
- Surgery – With the help of advanced technology, undergoing joint surgery eg. Meniscus Transplant, Artificial Joint Resurfacing or Total Knee Replacement maybe the best treatment for advance stages.
- Medicine – Taking over the counter drugs (eg. Aspirin, Ibuprofen) or prescriptive NSAID: Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (eg.Indocin, Daypro) may help relieve the person from painful osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is not a simple disease. Taking the appropriate preventive or corrective actions to manage osteoarthritis immediately after diagnosis can save a sufferer from expensive surgical procedures.
Recent studies and research have confirmed what the aborigines have known for centuries, that the oil from the flightless Emu bird of Australia, can help many ailments. Emu oil is especially helpful for the relief of arthritic pains, body aches , muscle strains and sprains.
EMUDERM™ Emu Oil maximises the therapeutic properties of emu oil, it is
- Made in Australia
- 100% Pure & Natural
- Rich in Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9
- Reduces Inflammation
- Relieves Pain from Strains & Sprains
- Relieves Arthritic Pains
- Muscle and Joint Inflammation
- Recovery from Sports Injuries
- Tense Neck & Shoulders
EMUDERM™ Emu Oil is Certified Therapeutic Grade by the Therapeutic Grade Administration of Australia.